An appreciation on Savitri-
Book II The Book of the Traveller of the Worlds
Canto II The Kingdom of Subtle Matter
Words within inverted commas are Aurobindo's
'In the clasp of a passion not yet unfortunate
They join their strength and sweetness and delight
And mingling make the high and low worlds one.
Intruder from the formless Infinite
Daring to break into the Inconscient's reign,
The spirit's leap towards body touches ground.'
A touch of transformation in oneness,
A life transcendental on earth divine
'Refined to the touch of finer environments
It drops old patterned palls of denser stuff,
Cancels the grip of earth's descending pull
And bears the soul from world to higher world,
Till in the naked ether of the peaks
The spirit's simplicity alone is left,
The eternal being's first transparent robe.'..
Where there is no earthly cumbersome awkwardness
'This wonder-world with all its radiant boon'
'Only for expression cares and perfect form; '
'Fair on its peaks, it has dangerous nether planes; '
'This medium serves a greater Consciousness: '
'Its lowered potencies found our fallen strengths;
Its thought invents our reasoned ignorance;
Its sense fathers our body's reflexes.'
All to tap open the conscience's consciousness
'A heaven of creative truths above,
A cosmos of harmonious dreams between,
A chaos of dissolving forms below,
Our vision' plunges lost in our inconscient base.
Out of its fall our denser Matter came.
Thus taken was God's plunge into the Night.'...
............My consciousness this moment,
O'Guru, I'm in awe....in invincible heights
Ineffable Thee embellishing poetic creation
My inquisitive apprehension, erring Thee may opine
May thereso, let Savitri in my self arise
Aroused thereso be knowledge and fortune
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aurobindo-18-Savitri-Book -2 by Indira Renganathan )
- Don't be primitive, Aftab Alam
- Trophy Mother, Antonio Liao
- Accruing Factions Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Turning pages, Jamie Fox
- Being Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Show door, hasmukh amathalal
- They danced, Brian Kilpatrick
- Sure to over come, hasmukh amathalal
- Lull Me to Sleep, Valsa George
- The Little Girl Cried In Agony, Ali Faisal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)