In the shining lights of this cold crowded city
where there are lots of deaths but no sympathy,
I saw a woman, who didn’t know the word “dignity, ”
and a man who died bravely just for a celebrity,
And a dog which was being read Totality and Infinity.
In this bright, bright modern city,
The only warmth you could find is that of electricity.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Authenticity by Jade TheBird )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What not to be done while a person is ly.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- buzz off bees, lee fones
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.39, Robert Graber
- Happy Birthday Dear Mum, Adewale Ajakanri
- The Blood is the Key, Matthew Buck
- Olwakho uthando, Phiwe Mbatha
- I rish this couldn't say it's R's, Mandolyn ...
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher