Udaya R. Tennakoon
There is something missing or
The way is wrong
How can the life define?
Having with a sentence in few words
You ask "how are you"
I say "I am fine"
When I say as that
Why I become uneasy
I want to utter more than fine
I don't know you have time
Tone and rhythm of yours and mine
Differently together which are going
Not to carry on further more
Your question expects a result no
Knowing of the moment so
We both pretend to our soul core
"How are you" the question
"I am fine" the intention
If the reality so far mention
May you join with me again?
Udaya R. Tennakoon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Automatic Relationship by Udaya R. Tennakoon )
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- When will I grow up?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Good Poem, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)