Dreaming autumn night is really an
Unspeakable pleasure; he knows it.
Therefore when dusk settles on earth
Inviting blinking stars to showcase
Their tiny births; when coy crickets
Being too cold in seasons first dews,
That drip from the cold cheek of Moon,
As a visitor in darkness at breathless recluse,
He sits on a stone with accompanying comforts.
Then lifts his eyes to Moonshine expanse, that
Veiling the black of heaven with soft light,
Which appears celestial more in condensing mists.
Boundless dark field runs miles over hidden greens,
Sparingly spotted with intermittent glow of worms
Swelling in numbers; silence invites silence,
Words of noise has fallen in lengthy slumber, and
Not to adieu their grassy beds
Till cock crows and shadow of night is defaced.
He knows all as viewed them in previous night,
Seasons finest hours here to stay,
And busy owls strikes shrills that thrill his drowsy nerves.
He knows that this night has end,
Not of dreams, in seeming obscurity of day.
shuvo chakraborty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Autumn night by shuvo chakraborty )
- Unlocking Doors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Without Shame, Gamier Dalet Mwaikoma
- Water's Tears, FOEVERAMI JOHNSON
- The Man With Fire In His Eyes, Kazuko Shiraishi
- Thursday, Frank Avon
- Uluru, Kazuko Shiraishi
- The Neverending Story, Elimar Pingkian
- Yellow Lake, Kazuko Shiraishi
- IF only I were A Dove!, FOEVERAMI JOHNSON
- Gust, Kazuko Shiraishi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Snake, Theodore Roethke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)