Withered leaves are falling curled up looking
like empty ice cream cones. I picked a couple
put them in the breast pocket of my shirt;
then rain, I got soaking wet on my scooter.
The leaves looked like dead hands of someone
long time gone, veins and sinew without skin.
I sought shelter behind a big grave stone that
would protect me from the westerly wind.
It didn´t, so I just sat there sinking into the soft
ground becoming an autumnal leaf.
Had earth in my mouth when it stopped raining
and sun broke through. Dug myself out of this
unwanted grave caked by drying mud, and not
again shall I pick dead leaves when there are
evergreens around that will promise life eternal.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumnal leaves by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...