As I was suddenly awakened
By some noise in the street
My mind went into high gear
All kind of things begin to creep.
Was it a cat or a dog
Or maybe it was a rat
But who would ever know
If all we did was sat.
How long must anyone sit
And not know if success is going by
Why can't everyone listen
Because life so loudly cries.
I'm trying to give you progress
I'm trying to give you success
I'm trying to give you a living
I'm doing my level best.
Just because its noisy
Doesn't always mean its wrong
Sometimes it opportunity
Just trying to find a home.
I know someone won't understand
I know everything is not for you or me
But neither one will ever know
If we don't get up to see.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awaken by Cecelia Weir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck