as i breathe, i become aware
of the life force flowing
in every cell of my being.
i am alive...
you taught me how to breathe.
as i believe, i become aware
that every cell of my body
is held together by a cross.
God lives in me...
you have nurtured my faith.
as i feel, i become aware
that the fabrics of our lives
are woven together by a common thread.
God's unconditional love...
you are God's gift, I am blessed.
nihneeq (2011, re: laminins,
crosses in our bodies)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Awareness by Benedicta Ruiz )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Mysterious world I am poor human, Elius Rubby
- Let Me Love You with All my Soul, Hebert Logerie
- Don Navigator Metamorphosis, Tosin Abegunde
- Almost Gone..., Leonard Champlin
- Who are you, ms. carrot
- More love...sort of., Leonard Champlin
- All Who Remain, John F. McCullagh
- The Life, Leonard Champlin
- SECOND DREAMS, Dwitun Basumatary
- BUTTERFLIES AND ROGUES, Dwitun Basumatary