Awareness of the root
A sense of innate superiority
Because of being born into a high caste,
Would be there in one, poor though.
A sense of inferiority
Because of being born into a low caste,
Would be there in one, rich though.
A sense of authority
Because of being born as the eldest,
Would be there in one, weak though.
A sense of importance
Because of being born as beautiful,
Would be there in one, a maid though.
The root is persistent in one’s thought.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awareness of the root by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- الدنيا في حرج قلق, سي محند
- يا حراس الفجر انهضوا, سي محند
- باسم الرب أفتتح القصيدة, سي محند
- Can You?, Aparna Chatterjee
- نحن الآن في القرن الرابع عشر, سي محند
- My Labour and Thy Favour, Aftab Alam
- I am Young, Aftab Alam
- My Breakfast, Tony Adah
- Idiotic bribery, SALINI NAIR
- Imaginational Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Television, Roald Dahl
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)