Awareness of the root
A sense of innate superiority
Because of being born into a high caste,
Would be there in one, poor though.
A sense of inferiority
Because of being born into a low caste,
Would be there in one, rich though.
A sense of authority
Because of being born as the eldest,
Would be there in one, weak though.
A sense of importance
Because of being born as beautiful,
Would be there in one, a maid though.
The root is persistent in one’s thought.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Awareness of the root by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Epilogue, Lawrence Beck
- broken wing, Cee Bea
- Planet Control, Joseph Archer
- My Struggle, Michael P. McParland
- Nervous Wreck, Michael P. McParland
- Bäume, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Infinity Divided By Zero, Michael P. McParland
- Inner nightmare, iluneos periform
- Light, Isaac Maliya
- Trapped in a dewy glistening web, Mark Heathcote