Ay, my Friend! (a grief)
One more infront of you my child
Holding out a loving hand for you to hold
But the only feelings of yours
Are cold- cold.
Again I try to bring you back
To touch you as once I did
But you run with your own thoughts,
And what is left for me if I can't bid?
Now you stand upon the edge of life,
you want to put it out. End.
Shall I tell you how I grieve?
Would it matter? Ay,
Maya Took's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ay, my Friend! (a grief) by Maya Took )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Share This Space, Jon M. Nelson
- Rain at Reading, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- A Special Mother, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Fallen Soldier Table, Jon M. Nelson
- Meteors, Ronald Chapman
- Snake-fire, gajanan mishra
- On Leaving the Bachelorette Brunch, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- tRyiNg 2 right 1 $eN10s i MiGht UnDerStand, sEaN nOrTh
- Love and Work, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Artistic Need For Suffering, Kyle Schlicher