back to school
back to school is BS
so i take deep breaths, organize backpacks
form a union in my head
it's picketing right now...
holding up a sign 'Keep Summer Alive'
having to face reality
and be faced with 'can you sign this? '
keeps a pen in my hand,
but not for the reasons i understand
... it's just paper we'll throw away
a signature means nothing.
i say we shake on everything- and rub some spit in it.
Mandolyn ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (back to school by Mandolyn ... )
Did you read them?
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
- Gil Scott Heron, Daniel Karbon
- Headache, Daniel Karbon
- Seeds, Edward Kofi Louis
- What Makes a DAD, John Masaitis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson