Back to the Basics
Turmoil is minimizing the position we are really in,
It’s like our leaders are making it to where it’s impossible to win.
They sit there in their position with a concealed grin.
As though the actions they make are sealed within.
But, lies protrude because facts are real,
They expose the lies that they try to conceal.
They cover it up with media control,
Brainwashing the people is the ultimate goal.
To have them eating out of the palms of their hands,
Till what they say are complete demands.
An enduring freedom will no longer stand,
They are breaking it apart, strand by strand.
What you read is not what’s planned,
It’s a brainwashing scheme to take over the land.
As though our founding fathers had it wrong,
Now, they just want us to play along.
Democracy is gone from the foundation built,
And they can look straight in your eyes without an ounce of guilt.
These are the people in charge of this nation,
This is the truth in total translation.
So if you don’t want to head towards total castration,
We need to go back to our original foundation.
Bryan Pegram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Back to the Basics by Bryan Pegram )
- THE WEEKEND BASH., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not with truth, gajanan mishra
- The race, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Folk dances., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Day, Hanh Chau
- The Wild West., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Am A Traveler., Tony Adah
- Broken Family, Broken Relationships, Wro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning, spiritual seeker
- Roses, Hanh Chau
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)