Dorothy (Alves) Holmes (Baltimore, Maryland)
Back Tracking... (rewritten)
I ran back again,
to gather your missing kisses.
Suddendly the memory of your arms
holding me filled my eyes with tears,
I stumbled on, searching for you,
becoming trapped in the folds of a taperstry
woven of what I wanted, not what I needed.
Still I ran on.
5: 01 a.m.
Poet Other Poems
- #132 Haiku Fall's Party Crasher
- #136 Haiku Fan Dancers
- #137 Haiku The Bather
- #142 Haiku-A Patch of Heaven
- #143 Haiku-Lover's Moon
- #145 Haiku-Pastels of Spring
- #147 Haiku-It's All About Love
- #150 Haiku-Nature's Portrait
- #151 Haiku-Artist's Quest
- #152 Haiku-Water Colors
- #153 Haiku Ecru Clouds
- #154 Haiku Seagull
- #157 Haiku After The Rain
- #158 Haiku Where There Is Love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.