Robert Edgar Burns
Backugan Vs Frontal-Go!
McDonald’s hands out some crazy toys
Named Bakugan rolling birds.
I asked why not Frontal- Go boys,
But they heard not a single word!
Why not teach our kids how to save?
A stamp with every Happy Meal?
Or college savings bond certificate,
Or an after graduation pair of wheels!
The crap that is forced on our children,
That is supposed to occupy their minds,
When it’s time to get their homework done,
McDonald’s toys fail every single time!
If you think I make too much of a small thing,
Then thank you sir, you’ve proved my point!
What’s more important than the future
Of our children?
It’s time all parents start to lend their voice!
Robert Edgar Burns's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Backugan Vs Frontal-Go! by Robert Edgar Burns )
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
- Rain, Angela K Brown
- Stay With Me, Angela K Brown
- seriously though, the ending is dope, Mandolyn ...
- Performing A Musical, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Separation of the women who resemble sui.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The Light The Night Sows, Walid Lounes Bouzerar
- Lasting Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)