Palas Kumar Ray
Bad Time Is Sure To Come
In your life, in your home, you don't solicit
You don't wish, but I come, I pay my visit.
None I forget or forebode, rich or poor
None I forgive or forgo, I knock the door.
You pave my way, or I make my own
But I come, I don't care you frown.
You don't like my presence, you say "No"
But I can't delay or defer, I go
Wherever I wish, whenever I like
Your anguish I don't care, I strike.
I rob your belongings, shatter your hope
I laugh as you sob, I leave you mope.
I destroy your dream, your peace of mind
I tear your joy, I'm cruel, I'm unkind.
I'm destined, sure to come, I'm merciless
I'll come. I'll take my dues, leave you helpless.
I'll give you deep sorrow, pain and grief
Friends will desert you, or pretend to be deaf.
Fear me, beware me of, know me very well
I'm your bad time, certain to come, very near I dwell.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bad Time Is Sure To Come by Palas Kumar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- الجناس, Abdullah alHemaidy
- world, Samuel Temidayo