Band Of Angels
i saw a band of angels coming down from the sky
a band of angels to save you and i.
they covered the sky as far as the eyes could see
the sight so beautiful
that it hypnotized me.
they were like the angels that they talk about in books
wings so wide and white
showing all their strength and might.
the angels came to do battle for all mankind
and they did not come with swords.or weapons of any kind
they came with the words of peace and love
sent down from GOD above.
for they know that the devil comes
with lies and deceit,
in hopes that your faith, they will defeat.
they will offer us riches of diamonds and pearls
and even offer us, control of the world.
they know that mankind is full of greed
since the beginning of time
it has been seen.
the band of angels know that this
battle will be won
for they will fight from dawn to setting sun.
they know that the human mind is full of greed
but the love in their hearts, can not be seen.
now the confrontation is finally here
and the battle is about to begin.
which is stronger
love or sin?
this is when you must search your heart
and decide what you want to do.
are you going to let the devil
make a fool out of you?
we must join this band of angels
who fight for our rights.
so darkness will not
win this perilous plight.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Band Of Angels by louis rams )
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
- Queen of Hearts, Tania Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)