How can the desperate spirit everbreak free
from angry, red fire that can never be extinguished?
Raging flames, dancing around distant, mournful songs, and a screaming banshee,
warning of impending death, not distinguished,
for it is, was, and always will be a promise made to everyone,
long ago whispered, and has yet to keep.
They have stitched up my lips, they have cut out my tongue,
tossed me to the bottom of an icy grey sea,
but the ravished aching heart beats on,
I beg anyone, please, keep me forever in memory,
for if not, then I really shall be forever gone!
A single candle, flickering like unrequited love,
much like the dark, peacful, starry sky,
all so far away, those stars, my only light, so high above,
I'm alone and I am cold, no one hears me, though I cry,
It is dark and cold, so full of dread,
Makes me think, that perhaps I am already dead.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Banshee by Shannon Mayer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford
- Chaperon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Great Warmth of a Curious Heart, B.. Alexander
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp