How can the desperate spirit everbreak free
from angry, red fire that can never be extinguished?
Raging flames, dancing around distant, mournful songs, and a screaming banshee,
warning of impending death, not distinguished,
for it is, was, and always will be a promise made to everyone,
long ago whispered, and has yet to keep.
They have stitched up my lips, they have cut out my tongue,
tossed me to the bottom of an icy grey sea,
but the ravished aching heart beats on,
I beg anyone, please, keep me forever in memory,
for if not, then I really shall be forever gone!
A single candle, flickering like unrequited love,
much like the dark, peacful, starry sky,
all so far away, those stars, my only light, so high above,
I'm alone and I am cold, no one hears me, though I cry,
It is dark and cold, so full of dread,
Makes me think, that perhaps I am already dead.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Banshee by Shannon Mayer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart
- To Think It Fine And Dandy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- More Treasured Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Who Am I?, Liilia Talts Morrison
- That 'Is' A Nice Car, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bled For Less, A.j. Binash
- Progress of the gospel, Alex Adeoye
- Death is Way Overrated, Francie Lynch
- Pollywog Tom Ridge, Richard Thripp