M.D Dinesh Nair
BAPTISM BY BLOOD
I saw a gathering
Of ten veiled faces and one thousand unveiled ones.
The ten were baptising the other
And it was a baptism by blood!
A man clad in plain cotton cloth and
Another one clad in red baptised thirty miliion by turns
A man clad in saffron and a man in green baptised fifty million next.
And the lone woman baptised sixty million next.
I saw a mother lying dead by the two infants born to her*
They had no identical semblance between them!
I saw a man with a pink veil baptising twenty five million and
His cunning big brother sprinkling blood on their fifty million brethren.
I saw the other three men standing apart from one another
But they were baptising the remnant gathering of hundreds of million.
Blood was running every where after the baptism
And another Jordan started rushing forth!
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
*The present Indian State Andhra Pradesh being bifurcated.
Comments about this poem (BAPTISM BY BLOOD by M.D Dinesh Nair )
Did you read them?
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR