M.D Dinesh Nair
BAPTISM BY BLOOD
I saw a gathering
Of ten veiled faces and one thousand unveiled ones.
The ten were baptising the other
And it was a baptism by blood!
A man clad in plain cotton cloth and
Another one clad in red baptised thirty miliion by turns
A man clad in saffron and a man in green baptised fifty million next.
And the lone woman baptised sixty million next.
I saw a mother lying dead by the two infants born to her*
They had no identical semblance between them!
I saw a man with a pink veil baptising twenty five million and
His cunning big brother sprinkling blood on their fifty million brethren.
I saw the other three men standing apart from one another
But they were baptising the remnant gathering of hundreds of million.
Blood was running every where after the baptism
And another Jordan started rushing forth!
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
*The present Indian State Andhra Pradesh being bifurcated.
Comments about this poem (BAPTISM BY BLOOD by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- It is better to write a poem, gajanan mishra
- Years are fine, Cigeng Zhang
- Mother, Benhardi Dicka
- I Belong To You, Asma Riaz Khan
- Patience, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- SAYING ONE'S PRAYERS PEACEFULLY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Talk to me and win, gajanan mishra
- Creators, Midnights Voice
- Without You..! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan