Dr John Celes
Be Good Samaritans
God wants us to be good Samaritans;
Let kindness flow as rivers from our hearts;
Almighty’s heart fountains out with great love;
Should we not mimic Him who made us all?
The caring God is watching every soul;
Even the beasts in wild care for their kin;
Should not the human heart be better still?
God made man in His own image with love!
Only the gentle wind is breeze welcome;
Only the benevolent turn nobler;
Only the harmless look tall in God’s eyes;
Show mercy and receive mercy from God.
Let springs of kindness spring from human hearts;
Let human endeavors be sanctified;
Let love rule hearts and glorify Lord God;
Let soul be pure and virtuous, sin-free!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Be Good Samaritans by Dr John Celes )
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
- It Hurts When Your're Letting Go, Marvin Tordillos
- Where Is The Faith Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Were Never A No, Susan Lacovara
- Making change, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)