Be My Present
Be my awful days
Turned into unforgettable nights
Be my countless ways
To be shot down when I tell myself I'm awful
Be my forgiveness
When I make a mistake
Be my silence
When words can't capture the moment
Be my 'I missed you'
After my not so long ago
Be my break up talk
When my heart's been broken up
Be my 'Be careful'
When we both know I'll get hurt
Be my listener
When I care and want you okay
Be my 'I'm sorry'
When I can't speak
Be my 'Come on now...'
When it takes too long
But most of all be my almost
are the future
TheSilent Loudness's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
You'll only know once you have something to lose,
so it must be personal
and it must be someone special to you
To quote Thomas-
'Man, be my metaphor'
Comments about this poem (Be My Present by TheSilent Loudness )
- Tales Of A Wife: Close To You, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- CREDITOR, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Lady Liberty, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lament Of Many, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Misguided, Donald R Charon
- NATURE'S INFLUENCE, Donald R Charon
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)