Be Very Afraid
Come on you ghouls and ghosties
I’m waiting for you to come
Halloween night and I’m all grown up-
Do you think you can scare me some?
Now that I’m big and fearless
I never cover my eyes in bed
In fact I might even scare you now-
If you weren’t already dead?
Anything you want to try is fine
But just don’t make a mess
That’s all I’m really scared of nowdays-
My old joints getting stiffer I guess?
Oh, is that why you make that gruesome face
I thought it was just for effect
Auld Lang Syne can be damned to hell-
Now that we’re all become train wrecks.
Patti Masterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Very Afraid by Patti Masterman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Goodbye, Rockford, Michael Shutt
- First Memory of Urinals, Roger A. Rose
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham