RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Beads Of Prayer
Sunlight penetrating this cloudy mind, beckoning it to
awaken this early morn.
Travesties availed over these last few years, causing
life to silently stop within.
All the turmoil is wound like a spring in a grand-
father's watch - tightly letting very tiny increments
of release become seconds in time.
Beads of prayer lie in wait, hoping to ease the strain
others place upon me.
Words written on paper, like a soft-spoken poet,
portraying reality, facing storms silently with faith
held closely, afraid of not speaking aloud about
atrocities the city of Phoenix has heaped upon this
simple Italian woman who has done nothing wrong.
But has been wronged by city employees banding together
to hide mistakes they've made, and lies they've told,
to cover themselves and blacken their souls before God.
Sunlight has penetrated this sleepy mind, waking it
fully and reminding it to pick up the beads of prayer
and faithfully begin praying for God's love and help
against them all.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beads Of Prayer by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Is Suicide The Answer?, louis rams
- Special Meanings Spoken, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Best Thing, Gerry Legister
- Burn, Your Eyes, Josh Terpening
- In a Dark Dark Room on Halloween, Eve Carter
- Benefit Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Symbol Of Freedom, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Keeping Done A Decadence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Writing Into Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reap & Sow, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)