Could I bear a burden
To set somebody free?
Would I dare to tread,
The path to Calvary?
Do I meekly bow my head,
When wrongly accused?
Do I turn the other cheek,
When brutally abused?
Would I have the courage,
To stand up when I fall,
To humbly sip the offered,
Vinegar and gall?
When I am laid exposed,
Vunerable and bare,
Would I cloak myself
With a silent, fervent prayer?
And when at last I'm broken,
Would forgiveness shine through?
Could I softly whisper,
'They know not what they do...'..?
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bearing Burdens by Roann Mendriq )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady
- Fading Away, Tara Stano
- Reasons of existence, Mohammad Siddiqui