i don't have faith in the fear, i fear the faith.
the glory of God has belittled the glory of beauty,
of purity, of grace.
the glory brings forth the wretched,
the damned, the foulest of existence to the surface.
i can bask in the beauty without the glory of God,
beauty in the color of his eyes when it rains,
in the way hers are golden, reflecting the summer sun.
beauty in the delicacy of confessions,
in the ripples they make underneath the skin.
beauty in the crashing surf at night,
in the simplicity of breathing, just being.
i don't need a savior,
i've done that for myself
with the help of my grey-eyed guardian angel.
God's glory has been clandestine,
and I'm not looking for hidden meanings;
not when all of this earth bound beauty is here
to touch, and to feel, and to see.
one day i may give into the mystery
but in the present i fear the faith
and i wont put my faith in the fear.
Monica O'Connor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beautiful Eyes by Monica O'Connor )
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Thoughtful Succour, michael walkerjohn
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)