Julia A Moore
To Original Music
The people in this nation,
Have kept for many years,
That day we love it dear.
It's our forefather's birthday,
Brave, noble Washington;
And may we ever keep it,
Through all the years to come.
May the people ever keep it,
One of the constitution builders,
Was that brave, noble man,
He fought under that dear flag
That's loved throughout our land.
He went through many battles,
He fought for liberty,
That this glorious republic
A nation great may be.
Oh, keep the twenty-second,
In honor to his name,
Who fought to gain our freedom
From England's British chains.
Now he is sweetly sleeping,
Brave, noble Washington,
May the people not forget him,
Columbia's noblest son.
Julia A Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beautiful Twenty-Second by Julia A Moore )
- Love don't have no name on it!, Shirley Morgan
- There Was A Time, Kyle Schlicher
- No Such Thing As Handicapped, louis rams
- Here I Am, Kyle Schlicher
- Destroy hunger, gajanan mishra
- Treachery is a Treacherous' Red, Aftab Alam
- I'll Be There, Brandon Ezzard
- DESIRES, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Vast open, hasmukh amathalal
- He Is My Default, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)