Julia A Moore
To Original Music
The people in this nation,
Have kept for many years,
That day we love it dear.
It's our forefather's birthday,
Brave, noble Washington;
And may we ever keep it,
Through all the years to come.
May the people ever keep it,
One of the constitution builders,
Was that brave, noble man,
He fought under that dear flag
That's loved throughout our land.
He went through many battles,
He fought for liberty,
That this glorious republic
A nation great may be.
Oh, keep the twenty-second,
In honor to his name,
Who fought to gain our freedom
From England's British chains.
Now he is sweetly sleeping,
Brave, noble Washington,
May the people not forget him,
Columbia's noblest son.
Julia A Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beautiful Twenty-Second by Julia A Moore )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Labor as a Tulip, Karen Volkman
- Sprig of Lilac, Hyam Plutzik
- O Foreigner Girl, Say You What Is My Rel.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cold, Luo Zhihai
- LOVE STORY, Eugene Latumbo
- Wild cock and hen., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My name, gajanan mishra
- It Was 1986 When I Started Writing In En.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- You can attain, gajanan mishra
- Escaping the Friend Zone, Charles Hancock