Beauty In The Sea
Standing in the sea.
Golden skinned beauty,
Perfection to see.
Ireland I replied,
Ukraine she smiled.
That is all she could say,
No more I could say,
looking at each other,
Amidst the salt and the spray.
No English she said,
No Russian in my head.
The conversation was born dead.
All alone in the Arabian sea,
Blond beauty standing next to me.
Stranded in an uncomfortable pause,
Unknown cure to an unknown cause.
I hinted her name, Joanna said she,
While standing together in the Arabian sea.
Alan Browne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty In The Sea by Alan Browne )
- My Labour and Thy Favour, Aftab Alam
- I am Young, Aftab Alam
- My Breakfast, Tony Adah
- Idiotic bribery, SALINI NAIR
- Imaginational Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- SONS WHO SILENTLY CHANGE HISTORY, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- FRAGRANCE, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- lost to me, Edan Oliver
- An Open - Ended Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JANE SAYS., Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Television, Roald Dahl
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)