Pratheek Praveen Kumar
BEAUTY IS TRUTH
Beauty is truth, beauty is life,
Beauty makes a girl quickly a loved wife,
Though beauty causes oft being loved easily,
Beauty is not all as everyone can see,
For Beauty is skin-deep like grapes sans juice,
Or huge headlines without core news.
Yet, beauty is truth in the truest of true call
While beauty goes deep and enwraps the whole,
It gives its owner the greatest of the pleasure,
So great that the joy goes beyond any measure
In being in the reach of the ultimate cosmic role
Of that peace and harmony that constitute all.
Beauty is that end, it is the cosmic soul,
That created this world and enlivens one and all.
Pratheek Praveen Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BEAUTY IS TRUTH by Pratheek Praveen Kumar )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Lucy Gray, or Solitude, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Well-Worn Story, Dorothy Parker
Poem of the Day
- WORDS, ROCHISH MON
- Adiieu, David McLansky
- Self. Preservation, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Solitary days, Rimni chakravarty
- I Am A Peaceful Man, Edward Kofi Louis
- Wolf Cento, Simone Muench
- Better cure through modern facility., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- More we walked., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Goodnight Sweet Love 3, Michael P. McParland
- Undercurrent, Asma Riaz Khan