Beauty waits for none
It was a beautiful morning,
of a very fine day,
but I couldn't hear a thing,
of what my friends would say!
A few feet away in a corner,
relentlessly I'd stared,
for I saw a bewitching beauty,
who had left me ensnared!
However hard I tried to control,
once again I looked there,
and I can't explain the joy,
as I watched her talk unaware.
Propriety dawned on me,
and so I turned my eyes away.
And I felt myself in a turmoil,
as my thoughts went astray.
I turned back only to realize,
that she was now gone,
and I felt this was very unfair,
that her name I'd never known.
She'd disappeared before I could blink,
and I couldn't help but think,
What was it that made me spur?
It was just a sight of her.
If only beauty wasn't so rare,
of a smiling princess with silky hair,
of someone soother than autumn breeze,
perhaps my heart would then have peace.
I knew disappointment and I felt pain,
and so I questioned myself again -
Why couldn't she be my 'someone'?
Why could beauty wait for none?
Rishabh Bidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty waits for none by Rishabh Bidya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal