Beauty waits for none
It was a beautiful morning,
of a very fine day,
but I couldn't hear a thing,
of what my friends would say!
A few feet away in a corner,
relentlessly I'd stared,
for I saw a bewitching beauty,
who had left me ensnared!
However hard I tried to control,
once again I looked there,
and I can't explain the joy,
as I watched her talk unaware.
Propriety dawned on me,
and so I turned my eyes away.
And I felt myself in a turmoil,
as my thoughts went astray.
I turned back only to realize,
that she was now gone,
and I felt this was very unfair,
that her name I'd never known.
She'd disappeared before I could blink,
and I couldn't help but think,
What was it that made me spur?
It was just a sight of her.
If only beauty wasn't so rare,
of a smiling princess with silky hair,
of someone soother than autumn breeze,
perhaps my heart would then have peace.
I knew disappointment and I felt pain,
and so I questioned myself again -
Why couldn't she be my 'someone'?
Why could beauty wait for none?
Rishabh Bidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty waits for none by Rishabh Bidya )
- Music, Fatima Nusairat
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
- My words, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)