Beauty waits for none
It was a beautiful morning,
of a very fine day,
but I couldn't hear a thing,
of what my friends would say!
A few feet away in a corner,
relentlessly I'd stared,
for I saw a bewitching beauty,
who had left me ensnared!
However hard I tried to control,
once again I looked there,
and I can't explain the joy,
as I watched her talk unaware.
Propriety dawned on me,
and so I turned my eyes away.
And I felt myself in a turmoil,
as my thoughts went astray.
I turned back only to realize,
that she was now gone,
and I felt this was very unfair,
that her name I'd never known.
She'd disappeared before I could blink,
and I couldn't help but think,
What was it that made me spur?
It was just a sight of her.
If only beauty wasn't so rare,
of a smiling princess with silky hair,
of someone soother than autumn breeze,
perhaps my heart would then have peace.
I knew disappointment and I felt pain,
and so I questioned myself again -
Why couldn't she be my 'someone'?
Why could beauty wait for none?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty waits for none by Rishabh Bidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- If I Can, John Ugolo Umah
- End Begins, Philo Yan
- What Was The Gift?, John Ugolo Umah
- What It is In My Karma, Dharma? (My Unse.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Just Flow In Love ~~~ ~~~ ~~~, LUVinThe NOW
- Wish I Could Come With You!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Superstitions., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आंबो सासे राजा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Miss Coal Beauty/ Coal Black Diamond Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- THE LAST SCENE المشهد الاخير, MOHAMMAD SKATI