Because I could Not Continue In Doubt
Do you remember that chilly, bright October day?
When youthful love argued over what I dare say,
Was an endless, emotional, scornful kind of song,
Started at midnight, carried it to the break of dawn.
Do you remember my insistence of your infidelity,
Interfering with the river of life’s flowing harmony,
You & not me fighting over my engagement day,
Ha, you left on your own I did not send you away.
I remember what I said, quivering voice stressed,
I only gave our relationship nothing but the best,
Selfishly you return to destroy peace I’ve earned,
It’s certainly obvious there’s still alot to be learned.
And even though it is your consumer given right,
No one exit’s the Air Bus 20,000 feet in mid-flight,
Jump I did because the turbulence made me sick,
Go to the pet shop & purchase a dog to do tricks.
No child to be scolded neither a pet to be trained,
Oh respect, the letter B does not begin my name,
Realistically, I too must partially share the blame,
Whenever you called like a puppy happily I came.
Seasons change as that was then and this is now,
Never doubted I would get through you somehow,
Once in a while fish are know to escape the hook,
Some with no visible scars, here am I, take a look.
School is over I turned in my teaching certificate,
It was not from me you learned to be a hypocrite,
Graduation day is here, only not for thee and we,
Who has earned the diploma to wear my degree?
One of appreciation with homework always on time,
A student majoring in unwavering love as like mine,
No longer sharing emotions it could be worked out,
You are no longer for I could not continue in doubt.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Because I could Not Continue In Doubt by Luke Easter )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Giving Entire Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Of This Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry Is Scrapbooking, Dexsta Ray
- Avoid The Android, Erhard Hans Josef Lang
- So To Differentiate (False Humility), Dexsta Ray
- Sincere Effort, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- LA PREMIÈRE FOIS, Rosie Bourget
- Drunk, Abby Sze
- So is Love, Jayatissa Liyanage
- A World Without Colour, Alex Lear