Because I could Not Continue In Doubt
Do you remember that chilly, bright October day?
When youthful love argued over what I dare say,
Was an endless, emotional, scornful kind of song,
Started at midnight, carried it to the break of dawn.
Do you remember my insistence of your infidelity,
Interfering with the river of life’s flowing harmony,
You & not me fighting over my engagement day,
Ha, you left on your own I did not send you away.
I remember what I said, quivering voice stressed,
I only gave our relationship nothing but the best,
Selfishly you return to destroy peace I’ve earned,
It’s certainly obvious there’s still alot to be learned.
And even though it is your consumer given right,
No one exit’s the Air Bus 20,000 feet in mid-flight,
Jump I did because the turbulence made me sick,
Go to the pet shop & purchase a dog to do tricks.
No child to be scolded neither a pet to be trained,
Oh respect, the letter B does not begin my name,
Realistically, I too must partially share the blame,
Whenever you called like a puppy happily I came.
Seasons change as that was then and this is now,
Never doubted I would get through you somehow,
Once in a while fish are know to escape the hook,
Some with no visible scars, here am I, take a look.
School is over I turned in my teaching certificate,
It was not from me you learned to be a hypocrite,
Graduation day is here, only not for thee and we,
Who has earned the diploma to wear my degree?
One of appreciation with homework always on time,
A student majoring in unwavering love as like mine,
No longer sharing emotions it could be worked out,
You are no longer for I could not continue in doubt.
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Because I could Not Continue In Doubt by Luke Easter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick