Because OF War
The war comes on the door,
The lady leaves her children go,
N' when they dun, they shall die at home,
On beds of glorious shores,
'Son, I die. It is not your wrong,
It's the pride of me who fought,
Years after years you remember those,
Or you're a memory in the heart of your home.'
'Dadie, would you die for me?
Would you feel what I feel?
Save the day on the borders of the game;
Will you promise to save the day? '
And they say:
'Save us from the war,
Save your neighbour lives next door,
Can you fight them with your gun,
Start till midnight from the dawn? '
'Go away my lovely soul,
Tell my son, I finished them all,
Tell the people, no fear anymore,
With my gun I stood till the end,
I fought till midnight from the dawn.'
'And here I shall die, son
And here my corpse will lie,
In this sand a droplet of my red would dry
The enemy soldiers I killed, sons for their blood as you for mine will cry,
But never compare your innocence with theirs'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Because OF War by Mustafa Ghuneim )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hugging The Girl, Post Not The Photo, O .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- thank you for stepping on me, Mandolyn Davidson
- आंखौ बासिनाया (मेथाइ), Ronjoy Brahma
- that is not a moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- even clowns fall in love, Mandolyn Davidson
- The Third Eye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Om; O Meditate You!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Who Am I, Ronjoy Brahma
- LOVE JESUS, Tom Zart
- Nataraja Shiva- II, Bijay Kant Dubey