Do you talk in bed?
Or do you read instead.
Or do you both lay there
In silence. Wondering where
Life had gone wrong.
Wedded bliss gone for a song.
What about those next door?
Do they talk or just snore.
Is their life that boring
Night taken up with snoring.
What about those in the next street
Do they mutter under the sheet?
Time in bed before sleep robs agility
A twilight time when mind lacks ability.
The time when the light is out
Is to find something to talk about.
And to go to bed with a kiss
Is something not to miss.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bed Time by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Upon A Star, Kewayne Wadley
- To my Gurudev...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- खामानिखौ मावलां जोहोलाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Estrange, micheal john
- J'attendrai, Michael Mira
- Peace, Sandra Feldman
- Poetry And All Of Me, Rites Ghosh
- Forgotten, david kush
- House of Weeping Walls, Michael Mira
- Vicky - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma