Do you talk in bed?
Or do you read instead.
Or do you both lay there
In silence. Wondering where
Life had gone wrong.
Wedded bliss gone for a song.
What about those next door?
Do they talk or just snore.
Is their life that boring
Night taken up with snoring.
What about those in the next street
Do they mutter under the sheet?
Time in bed before sleep robs agility
A twilight time when mind lacks ability.
The time when the light is out
Is to find something to talk about.
And to go to bed with a kiss
Is something not to miss.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bed Time by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney