Is It Poetry
Having now just left the pub in the drivel rain
weaving in and out of flashing light's.
Six or seven pints is all men have.
And having what I've had the rest have had.
One hand rests over my blind eye the other does.
The motorcycle accident and that the window face.
Putting both in the back of my pick-up,
at the bottom of the quarry in November rain.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bedfellows by Is It Poetry )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Human Family, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Thy melody is lost, ramesh rai
- Under The Raging Water, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Daughter of Eve, ramesh rai
- Schmacebook, Esther Moe
- Excuses, Michelle Dragonfly
- They Say, Michelle Dragonfly
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul