Lawrence S. Pertillar
Been There And Done That To See
I have already been there,
To witness the same things done.
With the hearing of the same excuses made.
And the attempts by others to do 'something',
Sabotaged by those camouflaged in sincerity!
Coming to backbite with united efforts,
As others ensure one of their own is defeated.
I have already been there and done that to see.
The countless liars deceiving their own families,
Just to get paid some attention or their names mentioned.
And using their best efforts to secretly be discreet.
Yes, these are the people still seen on city streets,
Pretending their self righteousness and faked impressions...
Should protect them from their discretions and duping deeds.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Been There And Done That To See by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Christmas Box, Edgar Albert Guest
- Next Of Kin, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Honor Roll, Edgar Albert Guest
- Safe At Home, Edgar Albert Guest
- Old Years And New, Edgar Albert Guest
- She Powders Her Nose, Edgar Albert Guest
- Mother's Job, Edgar Albert Guest
- Education Coming Full Circle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What Father Knows, Edgar Albert Guest
- To The Boy, Edgar Albert Guest