Before I Leave
Before I leave, let me take your hand,
Let me ensure you're safe and on a stable stand,
I've honestly let a few tears drop,
Not only mine, but also yours, of which I tried to stop.
Before I leave, let me hold your chin,
Let me feel the rush, of your blushing skin,
I will miss your face, now and forever,
I will not forget your face, never.
Before I leave, please hold me tight,
Please ensure that I too, stay alright,
It hurts me a lot, to have to say goodbye,
With you continuously asking me, 'Why'?
Before I leave, let me kiss your lips,
Let me kiss, just one kiss on each, your finger tips,
Those lips of where your beautiful voice soared,
Never dry, never cracked, but so adored.
Before I leave, promise me residence in your heart,
Promise me, that you and I will never be apart,
There's only so much that I can from you, bear,
But I'd die, knowing that you're not there.
-Now that I've left-, please remember me,
To your room at night, I have the key,
I'll watch over you, from afar,
I alone, know who you are.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before I Leave by Dan Lundahl )
- Reasonable truth, Kiran Prasad
- Lost Soul In The Hidden Wild, Electric Lady
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns