Before the ice is in the pools
Before the ice is in the pools—
Before the skaters go,
Or any check at nightfall
Is tarnished by the snow—
Before the fields have finished,
Before the Christmas tree,
Wonder upon wonder
Will arrive to me!
What we touch the hems of
On a summer's day—
What is only walking
Just a bridge away—
That which sings so—speaks so—
When there's no one here—
Will the frock I wept in
Answer me to wear?
Emily Dickinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before the ice is in the pools by Emily Dickinson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- eat it up like yeah?, Mandolyn ...
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI