Before the Twilight Falls
If sleep should steal your soul, my love,
Before the twilight falls,
Then I shall be there by your side
When’er the darkness calls.
I’ll hold your hand and soothe your brow,
Your cheek set next to mine,
To kiss you long and taste your lips
As sweet as vintage wine.
And should such darkness fall on you,
Within its shadowed space
You’ll find my eyes there shining bright
Upon your ashen face.
Know this, my love, I promise that
You’ll never be alone,
My heart will follow as you go
Across that stepping stone.
Our life shall always be as one,
Not ever set apart –
Through all my time, I’ll ever hold
Your mem’ry in my heart.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Before the Twilight Falls by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Martin Luther King Jr., Angela Khristin Brown