James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
Before You Die... Dec 2nd,2012
Before your name gets into the obituaries, you must die,
And you may not have had the opportunity to say good-bye,
Because you have little control of anything relative to your death,
No death-with-dignity as you wait quietly to take your last breathe.
And those opposed to death-with-dignity want nothing to change,
Like the Sue Rodriguez case and nothing will be rearranged,
You will either go to heaven or hell; it depends on yourself,
Death-with-dignity is a sin and no one should lower themselves.
Therefore it is the holier than thou churches that are adamant,
Bishops and holy priests will be the only informants,
Therefore the law cannot be changed to help the sick and dying,
There's no other way except obeying and complying.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.