RIC S. BASTASA
Begging For Affection
People will hate me if i go from one door to another begging for affection
they will ask, ' does he have a mother? '
i did have a mother. 'Where is his father? '
same answer. ' Does he have a wife? '
that is the hard question now, because the answer is 'yes'
but it will be a long story, and many will be asking more questions from me
when what i need is only a little rest and a variation of my life
by looking at the door of their houses and then after a few minutes i move away
like a cat and never like a rat that takes away
some of their trash.
and so i learned my lesson now
i dislike other people houses' doors
keep my own soft feet and just take my leisure at the park
where people like my sensitivity
simply move away and never stay.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Begging For Affection by RIC S. BASTASA )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(03 April 1964)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- मिलन ऐसा हो, ओ गोरी, की दुनिया भूल न पाये, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- RUTHIYA YAAR MAIN KYUON MANAVAN, Om Chawla
- Poisoned, Harley White
- Now let us join hands, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Is It Wrong?, Eugene Latumbo
- The dangers of a selfie, lee fones
- IN THE COMFORT OF NATURE, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Agnes, Alexander Onoja
- The Escapist, Jaipal Singh
- GOD LISTENS AND SPEAKS, Michael P. Johnson