RIC S. BASTASA
Begging For Affection
People will hate me if i go from one door to another begging for affection
they will ask, ' does he have a mother? '
i did have a mother. 'Where is his father? '
same answer. ' Does he have a wife? '
that is the hard question now, because the answer is 'yes'
but it will be a long story, and many will be asking more questions from me
when what i need is only a little rest and a variation of my life
by looking at the door of their houses and then after a few minutes i move away
like a cat and never like a rat that takes away
some of their trash.
and so i learned my lesson now
i dislike other people houses' doors
keep my own soft feet and just take my leisure at the park
where people like my sensitivity
simply move away and never stay.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Begging For Affection by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Home Came LeBron, Ima Ryma
- If Tears Could Turn To That, Luis Estable
- A Tiny Black Spider, Daniel Brick
- Anticipation..., Dieter Ian Maree
- The Horrors of Hell, Luis Estable
- Oral Given Good, Luis Estable
- Not guest, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Felt Things, Luis Estable
- Sins may raise, hasmukh amathalal
- Immortal lives on the battle field, Steve Jackson