RIC S. BASTASA
Begging For Affection
People will hate me if i go from one door to another begging for affection
they will ask, ' does he have a mother? '
i did have a mother. 'Where is his father? '
same answer. ' Does he have a wife? '
that is the hard question now, because the answer is 'yes'
but it will be a long story, and many will be asking more questions from me
when what i need is only a little rest and a variation of my life
by looking at the door of their houses and then after a few minutes i move away
like a cat and never like a rat that takes away
some of their trash.
and so i learned my lesson now
i dislike other people houses' doors
keep my own soft feet and just take my leisure at the park
where people like my sensitivity
simply move away and never stay.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Begging For Affection by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Haiku- Oh flowers, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Addiction, Jared Hirsch
- Exceptional, gajanan mishra
- Bloom Dream - Blütentraum, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- जोँ सोरजिगिरिनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- poor perfect pirate, Mandolyn Davidson
- Awaiting for Battle, Maverick Jones
- ERIOBOTYRA شجرة الاكي دنيا - بشملة - الم.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Uphill Fight, Maverick Jones
- I am Palestine, RiRi S...