At first it's a dream
A beautiful sight
Spending time on the phone
Spending time with each other
You can't stop thinking of one another
You feel this will last
You feel this will last you forever..
A day of so many, a disagreement occurs
That's when you know,
Reality is coming, your la la land... gone
You hear the screaming, you cannot believe
You never thought it would be like this
You thought it was perfect
You were so much in love
Your eyes closed, your heart not knowing this would come
Now your heart races, and your eyes are open wide
Eyes filled with sadness of what has happened
And you begin to cry
After everything's been said,
Apologies come into play, you forgive and forget
Wipe up the tears
Smiles now dear... You think,
'this won't happen again'..
You're having fun, enjoying life
With your beloved one
Another day, another story
Now a disagreement begins to arise, your heart afraid
Your eyes filled with freight, what will happen now? ..
The tears are pouring
The words made of fire, you cannot see it,
But your heart holds the proof, the scars..
Now that you're calm, apologies begin again
Doubtful now you'll remain, this relationship has broken too much
So much time trying to fix it, hours and hours,
Tears every night, hide them in day light,
no one should see the mess of your life, all of your pain.
Truth is, when something is broken, and you proceed every angle
Nothing is working! .. Tell Me! ..
But i don't believe you! ..
I'll show you! .. No! .. I don't want you near me...
I want you to tell me, even though i won't believe..
Should i tell you? ..
It'll still be the same, nothing will change.
Can i show you? . I'll just get pushed away.
In life you can fix things,
But sometimes, the best thing to do is to leave it alone..
Not everything wants to be fixed..
Sadly this relationship you wont let me fix..
Should i leave you alone? ...
Evelyn Castillo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beginning Love.. by Evelyn Castillo )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Dream Variations, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Goodnight Kiss 3, Michael P. McParland
- Mona Lisa, The Enigmatic Masterpiece, Rajesh Thankappan
- A Dream Of Death, Luo Zhihai
- Why Life?, Sandra Feldman
- Adrenaline, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- What was this feeling?, Sergio Jaime
- MERI PRAKRATI, Gunjan Panchal
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun