Behind The Enemy Lines
Do you even know why you are fighting for?
But still your guns will roar.
Can you feel those times when mother sacrifice their sons for a war that's a foul,
As you lay their tender bodies in graves, watch her sing lullaby to calm her soul.
Watch those sisters snuggle to her brother's gifted doll,
See it fall, as death embraces her brother and reveals its role.
Those wives sending their men away, with a hope of forever,
But as he dies, watch her cry out "come back! There are still many dreams we've yet to build. Together! "
Those shattered dreams of a child as she watches her mother, hiding as she cries,
That feeling when her little heart knows her hero won't return as he has tasted fire behind the enemy lines.
Can you feel that agony of a friend who watches his mate, shot, or turning into a human torch?
And like hurricane outside the glass,
Everything you retch will bury in the past.
But with all we have lost, have we really won?
The country, in the end, has gained a treasure that everyone reared,
A treasure of tears
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Behind The Enemy Lines by shreya nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we need a porch and a good sized moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- A TREACHEROUS AGGRESSION AGAINST INNOCEN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love Is A Small Word, Lilly Emery
- varicose veins, lee fones
- Manliness Of Man, Naveed Akram
- The Long Goodbye (revised), Barry Jablonski
- I Want NIght To End, Elia Michael
- Transformation And Power Of Love, Lilly Emery
- To Do To..., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Face Filters, Naveed Akram