Take it through the shade of your shadow-
Let blindness be your guide;
Walk from today to tomorrow
Relying on nothing on your side...
Fear is but a product of sensing,
A living abortion that looks so much older,
A monster out of one's own labor feeding
On freedom, enslaving space and caging in shelter.
Keep watching it build up, growing,
Or grope for the sustaining plug-
Favor euthanasia over suicide, weeding
Out what the self itself has dug.
It's an ever-skewed mirror after all-
Deceit is fullest when the eyes are open;
Doubt with them closed as death sees all
In its lucid dream, everything unhidden, swollen.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behold by Robert Lansing )
- head for the hills!, Macy Dvirnak
- तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय, Aftab Alam
- मैं क्या सोंचता हूँ, Aftab Alam
- NOT FAR OFF: A NEW BEGINNING, M.J Donnchadh
- Intoxicated Heart, Gianni Pansensoy
- From Adam, Gert Strydom
- Albino, Gert Strydom
- A Word, a Relationship Translation of Kh.., Akhtar Jawad
- Mi Still Chat It, Tyrone Gayle
- Midnight Flatulance, David Cadywold