Behold I stand at the door and knock
The door was closed firm, and the way was blocked.
It would not open, even though I'd knocked.
So I stood outside, unnoticed by you.
My arms opened wide. I love you, I do.
And where is this door that's shut up so tight?
It's your cold heart that keeps out my light.
And Who is the One that's standing outside?
Your Lord Jesus Christ, for you I have died.
Will you open the door and let Me come in?
For I laid down My life to pay for your sin
You are the reason that I bled and died
and I'll keep knocking, until you open wide.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
Comments about this poem (Behold I stand at the door and knock by Royston Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Angel On Earth, Johnny Goyena
- Fore-as the forename, manthra har
- My Wish For You, Johnny Goyena
- Very unique lovecraft!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Whiskey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Lit Summers Sky, Lilly Emery
- After the Equinox, Francie Lynch
- Who Calls It That You Are Corrupt And Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Holding My Unkempt Beards, Burquawalli A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Prime Truth - 85, Pranab K. Chakraborty