Behold I stand at the door and knock
The door was closed firm, and the way was blocked.
It would not open, even though I'd knocked.
So I stood outside, unnoticed by you.
My arms opened wide. I love you, I do.
And where is this door that's shut up so tight?
It's your cold heart that keeps out my light.
And Who is the One that's standing outside?
Your Lord Jesus Christ, for you I have died.
Will you open the door and let Me come in?
For I laid down My life to pay for your sin
You are the reason that I bled and died
and I'll keep knocking, until you open wide.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.
Comments about this poem (Behold I stand at the door and knock by Royston Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Lovely Child, Akhtar Jawad
- Courtny Stoned, shelly keats
- Politically right, Hardik Vaidya
- Pussy cat, gajanan mishra
- Geweldskoorts, Madrason writer
- Sine Curve, Hardik Vaidya
- Alone in the Winepress, Terrance Tracy
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay