Being Crucified with Christ
Can you hear the moans, the cries, and the wails?
As the hammer strikes the nails,
Can you hear the cursing and being spat upon?
As He dragged the cross and how he probably felt withdrawn.
Maybe not, but try to picture what it is like to be in his pain,
And ask yourself by doing this what do I have to gain.
This is a time in my life that I drop to my knees and cried,
Because I started to know and understand why Jesus was crucified.
I can see this is reality and not is just a fairytale.
I can finally see of how he got treated like he was with Satan in Hell.
As they beat him, He said, " Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."
Well in my heart He still says this today, because there are plenty of people that might not know him even you.
So please use your heart to feel and see the things that Christ did in his life for you and me,
And try to see why I want to write this poem and use it as a testimony.
Christ lived a long but short life, but he had a lot of trials and tribulations,
And how He got accused of so many accusations.
Now let's follow the same steps that he took in life so that way he can try to make the same unselfish decisions.
Give our Life for Him as He gave His life for us, the day that we show that we live for him is the day that his tears will turn to happiness because we fulfilled his vision.
By Frank Pulver April 21,2011
Community Worship Center of The Salvation Army, Lakeland, Florida
Please understand as Paul wrote this in the Bible in Galatians 2: 20-I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Being Crucified with Christ by Frank Pulver )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Spirit, Paul Moosberg
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Failure of Communion, Judith Wright
Poem of the Day
- Sherman, Kim Barney
- If I Could, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Carol,, Luo Zhihai
- Santa, Nassy Fesharaki
- Boat race., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Shall I Compare Thee 2, Kim Barney
- Salt on Watermelon 2, Kim Barney
- I Know, I Believe, Kim Hilliker
- I Will, Michael P. McParland
- Rooftop Stronghold 2, Kim Barney