Being created by Love
To love life,
I grow daily
To love being myself.
Of this fact, I no longer strive
To be some passionless
Grey soul, with helpless
Needs. - I feed on life.
Am 'passion revived'.
Wild joy overtakes me
At times, - elates me.
Helps me survive.
Transports me freely
To find, at the least excuse
A broad smile.
I know passion should
Never be joyless.
Passively giving in
To the 'me' that is myself now.
Am I, yet subtlely quiet
Inside, - cloaked
In commitment to love.
To nothing but pleasure
In giving, I now
Celebrate me, willingly.
Recycled maybe - - but
I like the new 'me'.
Fay Slimm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Myself. by Fay Slimm )
- That Old Man, Ananta Madhavan
- Awake and awake, gajanan mishra
- True-untrue, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- You are see clearly, gajanan mishra
- a dramatic lover.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
- MUSIC OFF THE WALL! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Expander, Kim Barney
- I believe you never will be too late, Trong Phan
Poem of the Day
- Grandma Kay’s 95th Birthday, Suzanna Chevalier
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)