Is It Poetry
Anyone leaving or entering turns and looks.
Moving up to the edge of the bank.
The river where children I wonder at them all.
Rowing hand in hand,
side by side, canoe or the boat.
The tow rope,
she is laughing and sitting next to him.
The stern to turn is no one who pulls that.
The land and the sky, given time.
The steep banks,
seeing white water where there is no shoals.
And there is her firm body or his strong beating heart.
So is the mind,
where each one has believed to rest,
come and follow.
Being that large few are absent.
Across the short distance you did not find at all.
Then being strong,
he begins about her to think of them as one body.
Think carefully about where you are at.
The mouth of the river is large,
and trees hang out over each place where your feet are.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Strong by Is It Poetry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
Poem of the Day
- Confuse not, gajanan mishra
- I have perceived you enchanting, Mark Heathcote
- Can't I?, Nisha K. Janine
- Making plans, Angell Afinowi
- 'While There's Life, There's Hope', Mae AC.
- Thoughts of her, Nick Kler
- A flaw, gajanan mishra
- Gaining status, Angell Afinowi
- The Freedom I Seek, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Stages of life, gajanan mishra