Be the way that you want to be
Not the way that others have chose
Be not your Mother, nor your Father,
Because in your body their blood does flow.
Be what you want if you so desire
If that's what's in your soul
Bring forth a wish or make a dream
And never be stopped by “No”.
Laugh if you feel like laughing
Even though the world might frown
Laugh from your soul, even if there's woe
But laugh, because it is your sound.
Sing a song as loud as you need
Even though friends will turn their head
And do the things that you do seek
And never follow when you should of led.
Seek your pleasures before you seek others
Forget what other books have wrote
Worry for yourself, before anyone else
Then unto life you will proudly hold.
Randy L. McClave
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Yourself by Randy McClave )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin
- Windmill, lee fones
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh