Unproven belief in an Almighty God
Jehovah, Allah, from the Middle East
Provided Mankind with a timely code
Of moral principles in a paradigm neat.
Religions provoke blind sectarian wars
Of ethnic discord and border conflict;
Proselytising follows the use of force
Empire building rabidly fudamentalist.
Physicists argue the origin of the universe
Philosophers postulate the Creator, a hypothesis
Still unproven and open to diverse
Interpretations requiring full exegesis.
Is it so necessary in a scientific age
To worship idols and get into a rage?
Best harness resources and improve the lot
Of humans on earth whether believers or not.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Belief by Migel Jayasinghe )
- Not good, gajanan mishra
- Trials And Tribulations, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Friends, you are here, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Unknowing Ness (Complex Poet.., Marieta Maglas
- A Carpet On The Ground, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Regrets, hannah wilbert
- Zones Of Pleasure, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Real friend, gajanan mishra
- Looking out his window, hannah wilbert
- Is Suicide The Answer?, louis rams
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)