Unproven belief in an Almighty God
Jehovah, Allah, from the Middle East
Provided Mankind with a timely code
Of moral principles in a paradigm neat.
Religions provoke blind sectarian wars
Of ethnic discord and border conflict;
Proselytising follows the use of force
Empire building rabidly fudamentalist.
Physicists argue the origin of the universe
Philosophers postulate the Creator, a hypothesis
Still unproven and open to diverse
Interpretations requiring full exegesis.
Is it so necessary in a scientific age
To worship idols and get into a rage?
Best harness resources and improve the lot
Of humans on earth whether believers or not.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Belief by Migel Jayasinghe )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(3rd April 19sixty)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- An Indian English Ph.D. Thesis On Modern.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra
- Jadavpur And The Adda of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey