Believeth As We Seeth
There was this small child,
Attending a post-nursery class.
Today was a big day,
There was a painting competition.
As other children, our
Toddler was too excited.
The teacher came and announced,
The topic of the art was,
'The Sky and The Earth.'
The eyes lit up,
The brains cracked up,
The minds enlightened.
Just one hour to explain,
The mysteriousness of,
The Natural Cycle.
Time flew like the supersonic,
The hour ended with the cup of tea.
The evaluation time arrived,
As it would decode the mysteries,
Of the mystery, the color-codes.
Among the normal peaks, there was,
This one, like abnormal in a Scan.
What was seen was peculiar,
Enough time to check and find,
The earth was blue, and
The sky painted green.
The thumb sucking infant was,
Called in and out;
The explanation amplified.
The toddler admitted,
'I ran out of the class,
To see the earth and the sky.
Ended up seeing the Sun first,
Glowing shining and bright,
I found the earth blue,
And the sky green;
As I rushed inside the class,
I found the class empty and black.
So, the drawing,
Earth blue, Sky green, and
Everything else black.'
The thoughts complexion,
Set into mode of perplexion,
Where did the White go?
And, yes quite truly,
As do love and life,
In most serenous of times,
In a decoction of unmindful colors;
Believeth as we seeth,
They may be green, too.
Copyright © 2012 Sanjeev Kumar
Sanjeev Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Believeth As We Seeth by Sanjeev Kumar )
- Scattered dreams, gajanan mishra
- The Glow on the Outback Hill, David Lewis Paget
- God's Kind of Poetry, Diane Hine
- Whole world enjoys with this pain,, Aftab Alam
- Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
- By The Corner, Abby Bilan
- COPLA 109 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Poet as a life(SLIM JAY), Prince Lartey
- Know the meaning of life, gajanan mishra
- Oracle, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)