Lawrence S. Pertillar
Below The Water
Debating whether or not,
The floodgates should be closed...
Comes a little too late.
Don't you think?
'And why do you say that?
Why can't you think positively,
Like the rest of us? '
Since many seem to be swimming,
Towards the rescue boats.
And the floodgates now appear,
To be below the water.
I just thought this fact would be noticed.
'Are you going to debate with us or not? '
I 'think' I would rather row my boat to shore 'first'.
Whatever you say,
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Below The Water by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Watching the tide, Tony Adah
- To My Elder Sister in Old Age..., Dr John Celes
- Villanelle: Trust no one even wife/husba.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sai Amore (You know honey), Alexander Galbur
- Senyru ' boil ', miken newman
- Lilian, Cherret Leakey
- Power versus Power, Tony Adah
- Fragment, David McLansky
- You're Safe With Me, Michael McParland
- He bought Love, Charles Jagongo
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Raleigh
(1552 - 1618)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)