Lawrence S. Pertillar
Below The Water
Debating whether or not,
The floodgates should be closed...
Comes a little too late.
Don't you think?
'And why do you say that?
Why can't you think positively,
Like the rest of us? '
Since many seem to be swimming,
Towards the rescue boats.
And the floodgates now appear,
To be below the water.
I just thought this fact would be noticed.
'Are you going to debate with us or not? '
I 'think' I would rather row my boat to shore 'first'.
Whatever you say,
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Below The Water by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Windermere, Paul Gerard Reed
- Vijay Vishal As An Indian English Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- American Bureaucracy, Darwin Henry Beuning
- An Old Man's Review.., richard harris
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan