Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Below The Water
Debating whether or not,
The floodgates should be closed...
Comes a little too late.
Don't you think?
'And why do you say that?
Why can't you think positively,
Like the rest of us? '
Since many seem to be swimming,
Towards the rescue boats.
And the floodgates now appear,
To be below the water.
I just thought this fact would be noticed.
'Are you going to debate with us or not? '
I 'think' I would rather row my boat to shore 'first'.
Whatever you say,
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.