Bernie the Con Man
Bernie the Con Man swears
he's on the straight and narrow
but he scoots when he walks,
whispers when he talks,
and people still believe him.
Maybe you can tell me if
he's always been this way.
He tries to tell the truth
but honesty evades him.
He's always on the move
like the silverfish I saw
darting in the shower,
dodging every stomp,
another Fred Astaire.
Donal Mahoney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bernie the Con Man by Donal Mahoney )
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett
- ህድደን ዎርልድስ - Hidden Worlds, Is It Poetry
- The blind man., richard harris