Best Friends Forever
You need to be at an event and you have nothing to wear,
And guess who’ll lend you anything short of their underwear.
You’ve lost your job and can’t seem to get off unemployment,
And guess who’s leading the search for your next appointment.
Your latest relationship is over and boy were mistakes made,
And guess who’s getting you sober and dragging you out of bed.
The doctors say it’s hopeless and that nothing can be done,
And guess who’s rushing to the hospital faster than anyone.
When it comes to friends, you may have many or just a few.
But there’s no guesswork as to who’s really there for you.
Your bestfriend may talk a lot of smack about this and that.
But your bestfriend is also the one who always has your back.
So next time you're feeling down in your luck, take a moment to see,
Who's standing right there next to you and who's hiding up a tree.
(c) 2014 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Best Friends Forever by Elena Plotkin )
- I Turned on the News Today, Vera Sidhwa
- From A Son To His Divine Mother(Saroda), Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Of the Depression, Javed Latoo
- Blue Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- A Tiny Plant, Manira Khan
- Pure femininity, Erato
- A Man's Oft-hidden Tears, Maurice Harris
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Diwali, Hans Raj Sharma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)